[...] "I have learned silence from the talkative,
toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind;
yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers". [...] Khalil
the babbling brook
makes me drowsy and happy -
a late summer night
© Chèvrefeuille
1
under green shade; birds
dine at the new feeder as
late summer wind rests
2
though they were quiet
now they are gone, turtles find
a new loving home
3
disease requires
rest - the body actively
heals itself quietly
1. viewed from the window - at the feeder, eating birds do not sing.
2. The turtles I was ‘babysitting’ have found a new home.
3. hubby is quiet as he rests his head...
From all of these things, I learn acceptance of what is, was and will be.
©JP/davh
I like your notes of your observations.. and yes it's hard to eat and talk at the same time..
ReplyDeleteSome people do it, though, but I find it rather disgusting!
DeleteSniffing the Silence
really what we can do ... is to accept things and trust that it'll be OK
ReplyDeleteGreat observations
ReplyDelete