Sunday, March 31, 2013

SW 102 (short): Inspired


peak, powders, lost, calls, locks, pit,
moon, staff, stone, after, written, petals


Inspired


Moon garden petals taunt upon                                     
their silver staff do pit their
wits with gently gnarled
stone offering up
lost voices...                                          
                                                             
Written in the peak of
midnight when the owl calls -
Powders of their stamen fall
seemingly lost ...

After dawn has arrived,
out of the locks of dreams
the fairies trod softly collect,
the verse, and bake them into
biscuits for the muses morning tea

©JP/davh



13 comments:

  1. Oh how clever! Didn't know where you were going, loved it when I arrived, "biscuits for the muses morning tea."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have some of those biscuits...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of fairies baking biscuits. Nifty formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jules, thanks much for the visit to the Fit Fat Mermaids blog. The warning on the Undead in the Netherworld blog is one of those "just in case" things. We really don't have any explicit material. But just in case someone complains about the salty language or the fact that we posted a picture where Eric Cartman was hanging a moon, that sort of thing, then they can't say they weren't warned that the blog wasn't "PG."
    I love your poem using the prompt! One thing leads to another, and it's very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Jules. This has a Shakespeare quality to it. An interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sure not available at my supermarket or at the convenience store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an excellent piece, particularly the visual presentation. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fairies, and thank them for feeding the muses. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules, there are so many lovely moments in this poem, and your format (Left, Center, Right) plus italics made for a very nice visual as well. The whole piece had me thinking of a Maxfield Parrish print! Peace, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful....Loved it.....

    I am here after SO long!! Sorry about that!!

    inside that bowl, I see the whole world

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jules, you're right. Our wordles do seem to be on a similar track.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.