Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WWP #146 Damned Either Way

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/03/13/prompt-146

Damned Either Way

Frustration rears it’s ugly head
Along with Rage, Disgust and
All manner of nasty heads upon the
Demon body - their mouths almost mute
Their forked tongues hissing wildly
Their snake like eyes dare and double dare.
Emotions to boil over...

On the desk is a scrawled note
Stating a litany of dissatisfactions -
Waiting to be neatly scripted,
But really they will not be pleasantly read
Straightforward, sideways or even upside down
The debate to fold it off and mail it -
Keeps me awake...

How long does one have to take
Being insulted, bruised and battered -
Forgiveness is supposed to relieve stress.
And yet the scales of justice remain unbalanced.
Where are the angels, the guardians,
While my bruised ego prevents sleep.
Be gone demon!

© JP/davh


WWP 146 ahha or arg, a moment?
Not all ah ha moments are 'splendorific'. Sometimes they just are. While not totally resolved,
I am attempting to pick up the pieces and move forward, without spreading ill winds.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that last line"....withour spreading ill winds." Enough ill winds are being spread around already - thanks for not spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last stanza particularly. Forgiveness may relieve stress, but I'm not convinced it makes us feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is all good....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, but what is forgiveness, and have we truly forgiven if something still simmers inside?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.