Friday, March 22, 2013

Wicked True


Thanks Jasmine...this one is for you!
Pop over to see the inspiration...she liked it so much I figured I'd share.

Wicked True

There was a little girl
Wednesday Friday Addams was her name
Not one to seek fortune
Just perhaps a little fame...

There was a little day
Friday was it was called
After a Norse Goddess
To whom many were enthralled

This is but a bit of their ‘her’story
Some may laugh and stutter
Perhaps you’ll be in the ambulance lorry
If too much electricity makes your heart a flutter!

©JP/davh
Friday
The day in honor of the Norse goddess Frigg. In Old High German this day was called frigedag.
To the Romans this day was sacred to the goddess Venus, and was known as dies veneris.
French: vendredi; Italian: venerdi; Spanish: viernes. German: Freitag ; Dutch: vrijdag.

Frigg by Micha F. Lindemans

As the wife of Odin, Frigg is one of the foremost goddesses of Norse mythology. She is the patron of marriage and motherhood, and the goddess of love and fertility. In that aspect she shows many similarities with Freya, of whom she possibly is a different form.
She has a reputation of knowing every person's destiny, but never unveils it. As the mother of Balder, she tried to prevent his death by extracting oaths from every object in nature, but forgot the mistletoe. And by a fig made from mistletoe Balder died. Her hall in Asgard is Fensalir ("water halls"). Frigg's messenger is Gna, who rides through the sky on the horse Hofvarpnir. In some myths she was rumored to have had love affairs with Odin's brothers Ve and Vili.
Yes her full name is Wednesday Friday Addams!

3 comments:

  1. Your BIBLOGAL!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "SHUT UP!!!! LOVE THAT!!! OMG you are the MASTER at putting things together!!!!! AWESOME THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT JEWLES!!! Now I have to go look up Freya character!"

    Jasmine really liked the post...ya think? Do visit her post...to see the inspiration piece :)
    You'll find a link that explains 'Freya' too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freya ... goddess of beauty, love and unbridled passion. I know this because it is one of my daughter's middle names :-) And I always said she came home showing a lump of love and unbridled passion before the age of 16, I'd kill her :lol:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.