Thursday, March 28, 2013

WD #216: Fad, Fade, Fading


Lasts...

Fad, Fade, Fading

scrawled in old symbolic renderings
the sand snatched every straight line and curve

all manor of paper was lost
everything was now ether air, electrical

contrasts in colors, bold and brilliant
or tiny legaleze texts that could be magnified

but she still knew how to actually form a word
with her hand, thought gnarled and athritic

and with a stick, some ocean scrap of treasure
coughed up and bleached bone dry...

she looked out across the salted sea,
thinking, as the gulls hung lullabies in the air...

that this was probably the last time they’d let her out
on her own - age does that, those last years scare

even the healthiest survivors - the ones who aren’t
yet addle brained to the point of reliving their last years

in what was probably the best days of their lives...
she actually, unknowingly wrote...the last word.

©JP/davh

1 comment:

  1. Your poet's voice is changing. From what to what I can't tell you, but I have been reading your poetry for two years, now, so I can tell you it is :-).

    Love this image 'the sand snatched every straight line and curve'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.