Thanks again to Roxi for the inspiration (breathing together)
Speaking the Same Language
I stopped counting all the words I ever wrote
because I knew more were going to be inked
when you’ve been writing for almost as long
as you have been alive, poetic renderings
off of the fat and lean of life
you just breath
and sigh
ink
I stopped worrying about repeating titles, or even
for that matter giving titles or explanations for ink
because those who seek the same treasure
they know intuitively what is inside the box
even before they lift the lid
they just breath
and sigh
ink
I stopped trying to define and defend style or lack of it
because individual voices fluctuate, singing lullabies
durge, symphony, jazz - you name that tune - really -
as we have to live through poetic renderings
there just isn’t any choice
we just breath
and sigh
ink
©JP/davh
oh Jules! this is brilliant! just "shared" it on my facebook page because I enjoyed it so much! what you write about is SO true - my favourite verse is the 2nd one and I love the shape of the stanzas and repetition at the end of each...
ReplyDeletePerfection my friend... perfection. You 'understand' the plight of poets. Welcome to the misfits club. ;-)
ReplyDeleteFound it after all Jules. Yep that's about the up and down of it. You write or you don't. the only reason I use titles sometimes is so i can identify something if I look for it again, but that doesn't always work either....
ReplyDeleteYou got that right, Jules
ReplyDeleteGreat Piece, Poetry comes in all shapes and sizes. There are different styles, even Free Verse is a Style in itself. Don't ever let anyone tell you that your poem isn't a poem. If you want it to be a poem, then it is a poem!
ReplyDelete