Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WWP 148: Elevated?





Elevated?

....The brass skeletons line up with their
symbols handy, opening a window to...
....the world that attempt to house ‘con-
tained intelligence’ - I wonder at times
how much my own fantasy catcher.....
....can hold while there are pause of re-
ality from the day stars and ticket-......
......takers and eye-catchers, I am dist-
racted by Stylus Scriptorius laying in....
wait, wanting once again to kiss sheets
.......of banana colored flats or any other
other willing charmed vessel bound......
by moleskine.


©JP/davh

Process notes: This one was a fun challenge. I saw it first at Margo’s and set it aside. You know busy week and all...I’ll get around to it maybe...and they We Write Poems took it up so I gave it a second look. And at first I sat scratching my head. Rename things? After the first three it got easier and then I was working backwards writing the the new name before it’s original word. I often work backwards. Enjoy.


Daffy-nitions: Those things renamed

*alphabet letters - symbols; *blinking lights (the lights that tell you stuff is ‘On”)- day stars;
*computer screen - window to the world; *electronics - contained intelligence;
*house noise; clock and the sound and air through heat vents - ticker-takers, and eye-catchers; *journal -charmed vessel bound by moleskine; *keys - brass skeletons
*Kiss - write; *Legal Pad of lined paper - sheets of banana colored flats;
*my mind - fantasy catcher *Pen - stylus scriptorius; *silence - pauses of reality

3 comments:

  1. Do you know, that works. I love your renames. They become wonderful metaphors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this: "kiss sheets...of banana colored flats or any other willing charmed vessel..."

    Definitely made me see these objects in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really liked the idea of a fantasy catcher - thought perhaps it was a bit like a dream catcher but the other way round until I read the explanation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.