Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Margo's Tuesday Tryouts: Inner Sanctum Oct.2.12

Inner Sanctum

I was born into a world of giants
whose warm arms could lift me with ease
yet when I remained
at the same foot level
my eyes met with their knees...

I was born into a world of giants
the closest in height was a sibling
bitter sometimes that I had emerged
yet took my hand if not begrudgingly
when told to...creating a bond

I was born into a world of giants
I was a fly, a gnat, a bug
often out of sight out of mind
hearing whispers and shouts
while half asleep and fully awake

I was born into a world of giants
and they fed me, clothed me,
granted me shelter...and I grew
my body got bigger...my brain expanded
and then I looked in the mirror

I was born into a world of giants
so it would make sense I suppose
that I would become a giant too
and yet I still remember being small
frail, unknown and unheard

I was born into a world of giants
and in my largess - I gift words
to help those who have forgotten
that at one time perhaps decades ago
they too were born into a world of giants...

JP/davh
http://margoroby.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/your-inner-child-at-tuesday-tryouts/

5 comments:

  1. Love this, Jules!!

    This stanza, for me, resonated a lot:

    "I was born into a world of giants
    I was a fly, a gnat, a bug
    often out of sight out of mind
    hearing whispers and shouts
    while half asleep and fully awake"

    I like the contrast of size imagery played into here.

    Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same stanza Hannah likes. That has the same light-under-the-door quality of some of my early memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the repetition of the first stanza line to remind us constantly of the difference and how we must have all felt at some time. Nice write, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely way of going back, Jules - the size contrast forces us to think small.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.