Morganna, the younger princess of the now rescued kingdom
knew she would not be the one to inherit the throne.
But she could offer an umbrella of protection to Jimmy,
who had once been a slave to the evil wizard - that no one else could.
Together with Cookie, the two made excuses to eventually call off the search of
Here-boy the wizard’s assistant - those who might have recognized the mute - once
a scrawny silent child, would be unable to tell that their Jimmy, now a talkative lad was
the same boy - transformed he was, cleaned, fed, and almost cheerful in the kitchens
Willing to help, to stand by one pot for hours as food guard - The young
lad even joined in childhood games with Cookie’s grandchildren, the shifts
in his demeanor and attitude proved to be a wonderful disguise as
Sebastian, Morganna’s beau and even the guards were quite fooled.
~~~~~~~
Jimmy secretly vowed his life to protecting his rescuers. He would not let thethunder of storms frighten him, from the small window of his room with the help
of lightning he would use every sense of his being to determine if evil was
returning to the surrounding fields of his adopted home.
At least for the time being all seemed to fall into a deeper calm of sleep.
For at night the mists of the sacred mountain would gently creep over those
who had suffered while evil had cruelly bound and twisted the magic spells
that were finally released by the virgin voice of the one who once was ‘Here-boy’.
JP/davh
Process Notes: Jumped to chapter 1 (last week I put a verse in chapter 4).
Using the words where they fit. Thanks Marianne and Brenda for helping me to continue my story.
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/wordle-78/
umbrella, inherit, joined, deeper, excuses, stand,
become, thunder, childhood, vowed, shifts, light(ning)
The whole She-Bang:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/p/word-list-story-or-as-whirl-turns.html
I love the gentleness of that last paragraph Jules. It made me think of one word..'hush'
ReplyDeleteVery finely woven piece of the story.
I like the intensity of Jimmy's character in that paragraph about the lightning. :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's so great, Jules, that you use these words each week to advance a longer work...baby steps eventually endure for the long run. Great writing, Jules. Four chapters already...wow you make the daunting seem do-able!
I would have to agree with Hannah, you make this seem almost easy, yet I know it is anything but. Your characters are growing along with your story. Really like that last stanza and its calming quieting affect,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
You have made me long to hear the virgin voice of the one known for so long merely as Here-Boy.
ReplyDeleteWhirling with Robinson Jeffers
Your words evoke a strong sense of place, and make me want to disappear into the mountains for awhile. ;)
ReplyDeleteJules, your story is developing quite nicely. Love the last stanza.
ReplyDeletePamela
Well written - like it...
ReplyDeleteHi Jules,
ReplyDeleteJust commenting on your newest wordle! I liked the way you used "umbrella" in umbrella of protection. Very clever! And I enjoyed your character Jimmy, and the change he underwent. Nice emotional impact. Great the way your story is progressing!
Best,
Marianne
(Marianne is still having problems posting in the comments, but she sent this via e-mail so I'm posting it for her...- Thanks Marianne)
This seems like a great story :-)
ReplyDeleteMan! I haven't done a wordle in a few weeks so I'm behind on your story! I was really into it. Nice job making many of those words work.
ReplyDeleteYou can always look on the Page: "Word List Story or As the Whirl Turns" to see the whole story. I've put the verse in hopefully a more enjoyable readable order. Sometimes I do put the link to that page on the bottom of the newest verse. (I think there are 26 pages total at this point. Enjoy them together whenever you are able.)
DeleteThanks for your visit! Cheers.
Hi Jules, good luck with your story. It is very clever of you to use the wordle words to write from!
ReplyDelete