Wednesday, October 3, 2012
WWP 125: The Write to Vote /for Oct. 3,2012
The Write to Vote
Where oh where has Congress gone?
On another vacation...just after having had the summer off...
The ‘news’ focuses on negativity counting on naivety.
And yet that seems to be politics as usual.
Control the spin, uncontrollable damage be damned.
Right and left, it’s just fodder for late night talk show hosts
who find security in laughter - while the truth tears out destiny -
Tears stream from our eyes. Or was our fate really lost long ago?
Just as the dinosaur fossilized fuels that pass
for gas and coal, now attempt to help us find independence -
well at least for the next one hundred years or so before the next
crisis and future crash of vast unknown proportions is found
all to have been the underlying poison of what once was a solvent system
(was it ever so)...now raped and pillaged, named so is the well
of hope, that was let to run dry from day one...but kept a secret
because the masses would surely have revolted by now...
And then there is opinionated radio talk show host declares he is confused
as to why only eight percent of the current populous is interested in the knowing
what the media has to say...bemoaning that knowledge is indeed power, but
the other ninety-two percent seem to be happy with the unknown.
Thus I am still free to write my opinion - to cast a vote as long as
I can identify myself...and yet what is done when another faction
of other worldly fanatics get miffed and decides to play god
saying that they have the right to declare who lives and dies?
This is politics as usual in this latest electoral season in the United State
of America as we choose just how fast we will sink into the quagmire of what
awaits us when we have the choice of two men to lead us, who are both
so equally out of touch with reality...at least that’s what I’ve heard and read.
I have leapt into the stream...and wonder just when will I drown?
But then the sun rises and a new day dawns and I have to think
that there is hope for the next generation - there can be peace,
enough food, shelter and clothing, acceptance for all?
(c) JP/davh
Process notes: from a list of twenty words, to a scrawled declaration,
to what may pass for poetry? Cast your vote.
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/prompt-125-its-post-your-poems-day/
5 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your optimism is heartening, Jules.
ReplyDeleteIf you think American politics are bad, try following the state of affairs here in Romania! :)) It seems that identifying where one stands and casting a vote in accordance to that is becoming so much harder these days ...
ReplyDeleteYou didn't jump around too much -- your political mind remained the main voice in your head. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeletehappyflowerwordzoo002 Says:
ReplyDeleteOctober 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm
M in Canada. Understand the weariness of ‘politics as usual’ and was getting a big bogged but the hopefulness at the ending made me think that it’s necessary we participate in democracy. Thank-you.
I like the hope in the last stanza, Jules.
ReplyDelete