(C4)
Feeding Souls
Mother and Father knew the time of ambivalence was drawing
to a close...perhaps another fifty or one hundred years, a mere blink
of an eye for them, and they quelled fear by breathing sacred incense.
They would not be dazed by the limits of men’s timekeeping.
Throughout their lives the pair had taken those children that Acheron
had fathered, but had not known about - those children whose births
had left their mothers bodies like the empty hulls of shucked corn -
and had filled those children with holy tenderness.
The self proclaimed wizard could with flaps of his wrists make whirlpools,
but he would be made to scurry back into the farthest depths of
the darkest water when eventually confronted with the overwhelming
army of positively powerful prayers that would evolve when needed.
Mother’s emerald let the pair see their charges; Porter was in the able companionship of the man called Chan - So many of their charges that
they had gifted back into the world had been re-balanced to ‘good.’
Johnny-boy too had the empathy needed to conquer great wrongs.
Nevaeh was gracious to accept alternate beings such as Mother and
Father into the cause that would eventually return this reality back into
a safely evolving place that could be a haven for natural magic.
Balance was always a key to survival - there was no place for pure evil.
© JP/davh
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/wordle-76/
Wordle 76: dazed, incense, ambivalence, empties/empty, holy,
scurries/scurry, breathing, fear, flaps, prayers, water, tenderness
With a nod to Brenda W. for the title. From seed to kernel, another evolution.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
15 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope pure evil never finds a place. It's bad enough already.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting once again Jules. Waiting to see what happens next.
The Hopi, the Navajo and Buddhism have it right: balance is all.
ReplyDeleteYes, I like "natural magic" and balance...that seems to cover it. About the studio space, there have been times, the dinning table was my studio, a small space in the kitchen, a corner of the livingroom, it really doesn't matter, but of course a room of her own is best. Whatever it is it is sacred, out of bounds to unwanted intrusion. I am grateful, I now have a place to work...and a place for "almost" everything, a place of my own. Thanks for your comments.
ReplyDeleteAhh, I see you sorting this from that and collecting up the most important pieces. Yes, balance is the key,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/prodigal-steps/
Oh, love this. Especially: "they quelled fear by breathing sacred incense."
ReplyDeleteSuch a great story unfolding here.
Yes, we both tackled the concept of balance. You did it beautifully here. You give "natural magic" a whole new sense of meaning - a balance and wholeness that I like.
ReplyDeleteRichard
"those children whose births
ReplyDeletehad left their mothers bodies like the empty hulls of shucked corn" ... I hear that! ;)
I love your closing stanza, with "heaven" spelled backwards.
Loving the balance, Jules, and the continuation. Each week you take us deeper into the imagining of your story. Thanks for writing with us.
ReplyDeleteI truly love what you are doing here, Jules. It is all about balance.
ReplyDeletePamela
Great piece! We should all be re-balanced to good.
ReplyDeleteYour stories are a delight to read.
ReplyDeletehttp://miskmask.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/empty-clouds/
From Marianne (who has had trouble posting her comments...)
ReplyDeleteI love your ongoing "fantasy in verse." Such a clever idea and you are following through so well! My favorite lines this week: "they quelled fear by breathing sacred incense," :) and "with flaps of his wrists make whirlpools," and "Balance was always a key to survival - there was no place for pure evil."
I look forward to The Whirl every week and all of the talented, creative writers I have met there!
Such a beautiful story about the people who take in "those children whose birthshad left their mothers bodies like the empty hulls of shucked corn" and raise them into lovely people, thus restoring balance to their lives.
ReplyDeleteChilling and so imaginative...
ReplyDeleteYou whirled the words and brought depth. Your story illuminates the human condition and the need for balance. One of my favorite lines-"those children whose births
ReplyDeletehad left their mothers bodies like the empty hulls of shucked corn -
and had filled those children with holy tenderness."