Friday, October 26, 2012

Theme Thursday: Oct 25, 2012


tradition calls for me
to leave
one stone for you to know I came


JP/davh


With thanks to Becca for a different visit, and introducing the tau ku form. Cemeteries are not my favorite places. However, this is a respected tradition - so if you do see stones upon markers you will now know why, if you didn't before. Please leave them there.

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of leaving a stone after a visit. I appreciate your initial tau ku! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becca and add my "nicely done" for your first time. You are braver than I to try a new form. I pretty much such do free forms and follow my heart.

    I have also not heard about leaving a stone to let them know you have been there. If I ever do visit a cemetery I hope I will remember this and follow this tradition. Thanks for sharing it with us at Theme Thursday and thank you so much for joining us. I oh so hope you will join us each week and be part of the TT family.

    Have a fantastic weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. many small stones grace the gravestone of my family....To me it shows love and respect, and a desire to DO something, anything....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful Jules. I'm not familiar with the tradition, but I like it. I'm planning to leave a stone for my father next time I visit. happy week to you Jules.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.