Sunday, October 21, 2012

SW 79: Revelations Part I

C3 Revelations Part I
Johnny-boy grew stronger with each passing day
knowing that he had both a sturdy shelter as well as love -
he was given more tasks to handle on his own - with each
new job his face revealed his new found confidence.

While there was no official score kept, peanuts added to
one of the jars on Mother’s shelf kept track of those children they
had helped escape the clutches of evil - those they would recommend
to Nevaeh’s visiting guides in the fight against all wicked things.

Father understood that while Johnny-boy still appeared fragile
and was developing fern-like, slowly unraveling - that this young lad
would be special and after many discussions with Mother - choose
to include the boy in what the future would hold for him...

One late autumn evening after most of the town was ready for sleep -
Father called Johnny-boy - it was this night that both he and Mother
would tell him what was happening...Seated at the table Johnny waited,
Father went to a not often used cabinet and withdrew a special bag of cafe

Johnny felt that this was some right of passage, watched as Mother
carefully ground, measured and cooked the special brew...
Pouring the brown fluid into three of Father’s pewter mugs -
Father began; “Son, to us you are a gift, a most special present...”

© JP/davh

recommend, happening, cabinet, cafe, shelter, sturdy, handle,
peanuts, fern, job, guide, score, face, -Thanks Barbara!
Notes: Keeping to one page is getting harder! Hopefully the next set of words will help the continuance here. I used 'cafe' in its original meaning of 'coffee'. Enjoy.
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/wordle-79

8 comments:

  1. There can be no finer words to hear that we are a special gift. I'm glad John is thriving with that love.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules,
    Love this image: "Johnny-boy still appeared fragile
    and was developing fern-like, slowly unraveling."

    It is amazing to me how you manage to use the wordle words to continue your story. Must be very challenging! But you do it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this is developing, Jules.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reads so well! I need to track back and catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought that I had responded to this wonderful poem. Anyway, I just wrote you another one in which I tell you how evocative of deep heart breaking emotion - but that which is not irreparable. Thank you for reading and commenting on my poems - I look forward to lots of back and forth in the future. When I posted that first comment it came back to tell me that I do not exist. That is a but puzzling, but as I have had a few dreams in that direction lately it was also a bit alarming. I shall copy this comment and keep pasting it in until you get it!

    Love and enough. . .
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading what happens next! And thanks for reading mine and leaving a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.