Weds Feb 8, 2012
whIte
whittling away the landscape
hiding colors from view
I ponder what it would be like
to have had to trek through,
egress across mountains to freedom
winding up snake curved paths
hiding in caves without the luxury of fire
I think of the time when my feet have been cold
trembling, stiff while shivering,
enveloped in socks and shoes riddled with holes
wrestling with gravity to slow descent
hitting every single stone with toe and heel
I refrain from shedding tears
time for crying will come when
echoes ring across new horizons
whine, how can anyone complain - those of us who
have so much - so the streets are not paved in gold
I want to wake from this dream
together with others - become a lifeline
extending what ever we can to help those still yet to cross
when will the dawn break
how can my sighted eyes see anything different as
I look out onto the smoothly sculpted hill and valley
together blended into one continuous seemingly
endless, undisturbed monotone - I hope for an early spring
JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.