Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Forsooth, Forsworn, Foreclosure

Tues Feb 14, 2012
http://margoroby.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/heart-and-soul-tuesday-tryouts/#comments
I want you to write a love poem without using the word love, or any endearments.

*Forsooth, Forsworn, Foreclosure

So soon the sun that began the day slides softly down to set
I’ve no card for you, nothing that is read - nor brownies baked
The mix still nestled in it’s box, still in a bag yet to be shelved

So soon the years have passed us by, each day we think a treasure
With laughter from our tilted sighs at repeated jokes
The mix, our offspring and elders too - what they would and wouldn’t do

So soon another calendar day is back-slashed in its’ square
Along with reminders of holidays, appointments, departures and arrivals
The mix of day to day, of what there is to do whenever we get ‘round to it

So soon the season will change again, bitter cold to warming spring
And there we are still, yet again, as always a pair to be counted on
The mix of our complimentary opposites keeping us keening for each other

So soon this day will become another memory - perhaps with out a reminder
Of what it could have been if I’d brought home chocolate covered strawberries and you
The mix of a bouquet of flowers... perhaps next year, dear



*(the truth, I swear, to close...without holiday drivel - well I tried!) 
JP/davh

2 comments:

  1. I like the comfortableness of the poem, Jules. This is love, isn't it?

    I sat last night and cut one of the cartoons from my Trader Joe's catalogue, which happened to work perfectly, and glued it onto a piece of stiff paper and cut it in the shape of a heart. I felt like I was back in school, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely poem. Love is in the familiar things - we give each other the same card year after year, put away carefully till next time. (So romantic!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.