for http://namingconstellations.wordpress.com by Joseph H’s Reverie #4 Lovely as a Tree
Sat Feb 4, 2012 Fair Trade Wimsy
He wants a story, perhaps one that isn’t even true
One that he doesn’t have to search for in the vast forest
Of information that I blinded him with on that first evening
That we met at the end of his uncles pier - the knotted wood
Telling their own tales of where they branched out and grew
And in their death made into a use to serve, as they feel they
Must, their destiny on this planet to burn or used, always to be used...
So then I think of his fairy garden, where in the spring snow drops,
Bleeding Hearts, and Daffodils allow bees to make sweet honey...
And I think of my sweet pearls missing the warmth of my skin
Carefully bagged in velvet to keep them safe - traded out for the diamonds
That sparkle like the stars at night - he says matches the twinkle in my eyes
He adds another log to the fire, and sits beside me on the love-seat
The very one his great-grandparents courted on...While being chaperoned
As young ones, I begin, with smile curving on my lips to say I am making this up...
We all at one time or another have to seed the oyster beds...
After all we have the smallest hands and fingers and we are ever so gentle
When we tickle those hard shells our sea friends know what’s coming
And yet they let us place one tiny grain of salt under their fine chins
I wonder what is the bigger irritation, us children or the sand?
He smiles, for he knows of my touch...his eye close feigning sleep...
JP/davh
Saturday, February 4, 2012
4 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jules, this is quite beautiful. Lovely language here.
ReplyDeletePamela
Wow. You set such a comforting mood in this, a lovely scene.
ReplyDeletethe title itself is divine here,
ReplyDeletesharp poetry. smiles.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
Do you like challenges?
Share your talent with us by writing for our theme today, or share a random piece of poetry.
Hope to see you soon!
Best wishes.
Cheers.
Happy Creative Writing,
xoxox