Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh. the Humanity...

Sun Feb 26, 2012
Oh, the Humanity...           (Wordle #45)
She could hear her parents murmur
Mother was especially reluctant to let her go
Father knew she was entranced by people unlike her own
And she should be allowed to go without too much more hesitation

Her senses where heightened
The waiting was downright cumbersome
She wanted the map to show the way
And knew the only possible answer was yes, from both of them

Mother argued - “But it is not like a pelt garment
And the weight can seem like cement shoes...”
Father knew though that this daughter of his was not one to stray far
She would not disappear like smoke from a driftwood fire

It was settled! Next Saturday, at low tide
When the morning fog would be dense
Coral would make landfall, with feet ~ She had heard
A pleasant singing voice, perhaps belonging to a child like herself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Using my unsteady and heavy feet I climb the rocks of this cove
There she is... I’ve found her, and she daydreams while she sings...
She’s conversing with the ocean, and giving herself answers too!
Not at all what I expected. She even looks friendly. I’ll call to her; “You there...”
JP/davh

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/wordle-45/
pelt, cumbersome, smoke, map, answer, sense, reluctant, entranced, dense,stray, murmur, cement
#2 Actions, Attractions, and Distractions
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/actions-attractions-and-distractions.html
#1 Looking for Lois
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/weds-feb-15-2012-httpsundaywhirl.html
Related: Flounder
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/flounder.html

7 comments:

  1. There is adventure here, and intrigue!

    And, yes, I would very much like to meet You There! (I'll bet she has some great stories to tell!)

    A Whirl of Haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elements of story here, Jules. The parents setting her free (reluctantly), preparation, discussion, wondering....this is a fun engaging read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Jules. Pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - another first, commenting on a blog!
    "To die would be an awfully big adventure" springs to mind (from Peter Pan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that I'm not totally off...but I'm picturing a mermaid child and a human child...about to meet! Yay!! :) What stories the two could tell...

    Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules, a wonderful wordle tale, one that captivated me from beginning to end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, I enjoyed this tender tale. So nicely done.

    Pamela
    Sorry, I am late getting round to read, I had a long week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.