Reverie Six http://namingconstellations.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/reverie-six-bloody-vikings/
With thanks to Joseph Harker (my contributions JulesPaige/davh Feb 19, 2012)
fornyrðislag Blind
Fractured face uneven images // flow from broken glass
Dilated dark iris’ reach // out into the dampened dawn
Longing to understand // listing into images
Tears tug at the corners // further fogging view
ljóðaháttr Listen?
Unstrung the harp // hangs heavily there
She used to play for him daily
While the grateful goose // she laid golden eggs
But ever since jack stole the bird
All the Giant does for noise is weep...
drottkuvett Leave Me...
Sharp pointed-pantomime pencil thin needles
Some sun-kissed, more than half in shadow
Continuously-converse barely giving time to contemplate
All the facts much less the fickle actions
Of the autumn haunted-hands, fingers fallen
Veins now distorted painlessly piled in their deaths
Gossip mattering naught - they patience were taught
So they silently ignore the silly evergreens
(I am sure I went afoul of syllable count, but English was never my strong suite.
But at least I attempted all three! - Jules)
Sunday, February 19, 2012
1 comment:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The form is new to me... looks like you did a good job, though. Enjoyed the textures and use of the senses. The last one is my favorite of the three.
ReplyDelete