Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sixteen Winters Ago

Sun Jan 8, 2012 Daily
With thanks to the Sunday Whirl # 38 prompt list of: loss, shovel, friends, expected, stop, plum, letters, drift, sweaters, wind, stitches, and yarn

Sixteen Winters Ago

A Blizzards’ expected snow requires a shovel
The snow blower keeps the shaven rows plum as the loss of white
Reveals the drives and walks, the wind laughs returning the drift

Once we are able to stop we can gather in our indoor sweaters
With his tales and mine, our stitches will create a new yarn
That we’ll be able to share with friends in letters or over the phone

Though we’ve yet to receive all that much snow this year -
Unable to get to the fire house because of several feet
In our Blizzard of ’96 - He almost delivered a baby up the street!

‘Always be prepared’ is a good motto for the Boy Scouts
As well as other community volunteers, neighbors and friends
Look for us we’ll be ready with our gear, tea, and hot coco too

For now our sky is blue, the air has a chill, but it isn’t freezing
I’ve just had some tea, and might settle down for a nap
That is after I’ve picked up my needles and knit a few words…

JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.