Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fool Proof

Thurs Feb 23, 2012

Fool Proof

While climbing a gate -
To protect someone else
That little body that visits -
And you don’t want ‘em to fall up or down the stairs

I bruised my wrist - smacked it good (or not so..)
Right into the corner of a wall
Not broken, just an annoyance of mild pangs
When bent in ways it no longer likes to go

I suppose it will be a few days more
That sleep will be disrupted and distracted
By trying to wedge and wrestle that part of my body
I know I’ll live, and perhaps look next time before I leap

But then there will be another day
That I’ll be more concerned with someone else
That I’ll not be thinking so much about me
And I’ll find another bruise half way on the mend

From a time when, if only I could remember where
That an intimate object wanted recognition
Poetic words for explaining that I guess
I am a natural klutz!

JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.