Weds Feb 1, 2012
Painting of tall tree forest by Ivan Shiskin via the Tuesday Tryouts at
margoroby.wordpress.com (Jan 31, 2012)
Tall Tales
Though my first and truest love will always be the ocean
I have had some time during the day while my dearest works
To wander beyond the fields and into the forest...
I am not so lonely here as I thought I would be
On my ivory stick legs, still wobbling from new birth
These ancient trees remind me of sea kelp towering, climbing...
Every reaching to get to and perhaps break the surface
Little does the green plant know the limitations of land and air
Though I suspect the trees would not fair well with a salt diet
And too the blocked sun through the dark shaded underside
Of the emerald greens helps me to cope with the azure blue sky
I wear the diamonds that my new husband has gifted me...
They remind me of the stars that seem to be the same
Over land and sea...a familiar map leading me to dreams
Of hidden treasure and the family that may pine for me
Yet there are hidden gems to explore in my new home
His families old Victorian with generations of flotsam and jetsom
Though through his eyes each item bears a tale worth telling
And I will sit with him after our evening meal
In front of a warming hearth fire and listen to his tales
And watch his face alight with the telling, isn’t that what a wife should do?
JP/davh
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
3 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love how everything intertwines in the poem: the ocean and the forest, the feminine and the masculine, the past and the present...the differences that come together as harmony.
ReplyDeleteMy dear, it worked. YAY!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are full of tales. I love the perspective from which each story is told.
margo
Next: How to make links inside a post!
Lovely poem, simply lovely.
ReplyDeletePamela