sundaywhirl.wordpress.com Wordle #44 - Thank you Brenda! Seeps, ghosts, shadowy, know, scorched, whistle, smudgy, restless, nestled, balance, bizarre, sores, straps
Sat Feb 18, 2012 Actions, Attractions and Distractions
I’ve got the morning to myself and I know just what I can do
I’ll stuff my back pack with a bizarre assortment of necessities
And take my pad and pencils and whistle into the dawn
I’ve got all my questions for my mythical madam scorched into
My smudgy sleep filled brain - once restless words are nestled
Safely in secured sentences just waiting to be asked...
I’ve got to balance myself carefully on the shadowy side of the cove
And watch carefully as the ocean seeps and hope I don’t get saddle sores
Waiting, while I wrestle with my ghosts that host my imagination
I’ve reached my destination and can undo the straps of my sandals
And pretend that a young Minerva has swum directly to me
To satisfy her own curiosity of a human girl child singing songs of the sea
~~~~~~~
“You are a curious little thing?” she’ll ask
And I’ll just smile...I’ve lured a mermaid with her own trick!
“Come sit beside me - Let’s compare notes about our lives,” I’ll say
“You are quite lovely with your pearl necklace - do all mermaids wear them?”
“Do you ever want to walk along the beach with feet?”
“Can you speak to the creatures of the deep?”
“You are a brave and bold little girl aren’t you?”
“Some of us wear coral or Cowrie shells...and if we live where it is cold
We’ll don seal skins to keep us warm. As for feet aren’t they awkward for you?”
“You there...” my vision vanishes... I have been found!
A tourist child climbs my rocks... but it’s OK she’s a girl too.
“Hi!” I say remembering my manners - Isn’t the sunrise lovely?”
JP/davh
This is the second of an unintended series, the first called 'Looking for Lois' can be found under the date of Feb. 18th and was written with the #43 Wordle list.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
9 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love what you have done with the words, Jules. Nice tale.
ReplyDeletePamela
Wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteThis is great, Jules. I'm glad you were able to post. The questions are pointed, and just what I would ask. :) The child at the end is a nice touch. It brings us back to the setting/the reality of the narrator.
ReplyDeleteYou took the words in such a clever direction, Jules! I especially love the idea of "whistling into the dawn!" A beautiful poem!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely and creative tale... I really enjoyed it, Jules.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Marianne. That's my favourite image, although I love the whole set up of the writer.
ReplyDeletemargo
What a sweet poem, love the ending too
ReplyDelete"I wrestle with my ghosts that host my imagination" is my favorite line in this enthralling tale, what a fantastic poem!
ReplyDeleteI'm finding this assortment of words led in many directions~ Love this..esp Stanza #2.
ReplyDelete