Thursday, February 9, 2012

blAck


blAck

blending old fears with unreconciled
longing - I wonder how is it I give my true name
Alone in a crowd - a classroom - one of this nights’ dreams,
captivated by the test I am supposed to complete
kicking myself under the table for loosing my place so quickly

borrowing supplies, fiddling lockers and locks -
lost again in familiar surroundings
Another night, in my bed alone
comfort is an illusion as I twist and turn and
kick the covers off to cool the air and force wakefulness

beasts roam the darkened stage freely
longing to tug at one’s unconscious mind
An unfamiliar voice whispers in my mind
calling and rescuing me from the
knight who doesn't wear white

bowing to the dawn, thankful for the pale morning
light - I venture to see if at the six o’clock hour
Another body might actually be out and about
cautiously I peer out the front window
keenly I spot and watch the neighbor walk his dog

but I think it is just too early for me to rise
let me try and rest just another hour to
Alter the cobwebs that seem to stick to the
corners of my eyes, while in the silence of my home
kind familiar sounds assure me I am safe...I am safe

JP/davh

1 comment:

  1. This is haunting. I know there's so much under the surface of these words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.