Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Looking for Lois

Weds Feb 15, 2012 http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/  #43
trade, charms, customers, confidential, ransacked, blur, interview, sticker, visions, weeping, fog, belt

Looking for Lois

Yes, even at seaside resorts it is hard to find a mermaid to interview
Mostly you’ll find out-of-towners, customers lining the bars in swanky pools
Or those little ruck-shack beverage stands barely nestled in the fog
Of the sand belt lining the shore luring you with their ransacked looking charms

Life can be a blur when your trade revolves around finding filler
As a reporter looking for visions and not getting any juicy confidential stories
At least that’s what I tell myself when I’m not weeping in my Shirley Temples
And all I get for my hard work every week is a sticker for participation

So a grade-school paper isn’t Superman’s Daily Planet
But I, as a native still have my fun people watching
As folks walk around like lobsters because they forgot their sunscreen
Or are so covered up that you can’t tell what color skin they have

Oh well maybe next week I’ll get to be the editor or set the backward type
But for now I’ll just walk around with a pencil in my ear, wear my fake glasses
So I look more serious, and remember to not be too much of a nuisance
In the lobby of the hotel that my family owns, where it is always warm

Maybe tomorrow I’ll sit on the top of the rocks that make the natural break
That protects and keeps our private cove well hidden from most of the visitors
I’ll be that mermaid I want to talk to and make up some mighty fine answers
About why I am so shy...

JP/davh

2 comments:

  1. This is delightful, Jules. It makes me happy that you found the Whirl. Perhaps next week's words will inspire a mermaid interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I've been in a mermaid mode also on another post! How cool is that and I like this one a lot, and as brenda w. said, maybe a mermaid interview will happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.