Monday, February 17, 2014

CD : 403: Zenrakuji Temple 30


in the dawning light
the temple guard dogs greet us
soft growls resonate

as if harmonizing chant
calling the soul sun within

soft growls resonate
kaeru blinks at the stone eyes
seeing the depth there

in the living carved stone guards
where some might see ghosts of life

seeing the depth there
imagining one long breath
as I hold my own

©JP/davh      



Note:
kaeru = frog, return in Japanese
Also is a lucky symbol and related to travelers
kaeru is my companion guide on this journey

We are both ...female :)

5 comments:

  1. Poor little frog beware of the temple dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hear the fierce growl of the dog and letting go breathe of your own ~ delightful haiku ~ definitely 'jewels of wisdom' ~ thanks,

    carol and artmusedog
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the unexpected appearance of the frog in your set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully composed Jules ... I like the way how you have created your own style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Individual voice can be a good thing :)
      Or is it just that I am a rebel? Either way I have fun.

      Delete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.