Thursday, February 6, 2014

CD Special: winter troiku

CD Special : winter troiku


----stepping quietly----
poet seeks inspiration
-from the harsh winter


----stepping quietly----     --------cold penetrates limbs-------
-cold penetrates limbs     -without coat; camera snaps stills-
booted feet crunch ice     -------captures frozen scenes-----


----booted feet crunch ice----
as shovel scoops frozen rain
------to keep walking safe-----


--------falling frost echoes---------
between the houses and streets
-----geese gross the grey sky----


          stepping quietly                   falling frost echoes                      reverberating
falling frost echoes lost limbs) (reverberating, then thud) (the sound shakes yesterdays
snow
        cardinal still flies                the weight of ice cries      on hidden birds wings


--the weight of ice cries--
for the joy of being heard
-----winter symphony-----


------cardinal still flies-----
adding a brief spot of red
---that catches my eye---


-----cardinal still files-----             ----between the pine trees----
-between the pine trees-             the chickadees slowly dance
will spring thaw bring life              -------briefly out of nests------


---will spring thaw bring life-----
that seems to be deep in sleep
------------eventually---------------

©JP/davh








a challenging task to line up the harnesses.
enjoy.


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Found and corrected a boo-boo in the third column second haiku.
      Tricky formatting. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. I hope you visited the link to see the form...I feel like I was partly only following directions.
    Taking the first haiku on the left and fanning it out... But then I like to play with haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought it was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "camera snaps still, booted feet crunch ice" - I was just doing this the other day! this is really beautiful, the repetitions are so pretty. I'll have to check out the link you provided above. Spring does seem to be in a very deep sleep this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beautiful lines woven well, Jules...I love that flash of cardinal within...one of my favorite birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning...I love 'the weight of ice cries'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cool.
    I tried something like this for Margo's "coil" prompt, and gave up with my head spinning. That's without the formatting headaches. wow.
    Especially like the weight of ice crying "for the joy of being heard"

    Now, let's see if I can comment this time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued by the form and this is an excellent way to present not only a narrative but to highlight the little details that carry it forward, in each separate haiku. Amazing work on your part.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK OK, that's part why I don't "do" many forms, but I did the homework two-steps back and yes, now understand the shape you are working to make. and triple no less!

    aside, I've one other technical possibility for you regards doing poems with unusual physical formats. some things the html/browser people just didn't much attend, however... here is one other solution (almost limitless)

    (provided you have a little photo processing ability)

    write your poem as however you wish using some conventional word processor, and THEN take a screen snapshot of the text. wave your wand, and now it's an image, not text and will be displayed however you wish. (alternate: write the poem directly into PhotoShop or the like, and format to desired size/clarity) clarity is the only issue you really have to attend (nothing is free).

    for a triple like here you might have to do three individual pics and merge or simply stack into your blog. hope that might help. neil

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome Troiku Jules ... you even managed to write three of them. Sorry for my late response

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.