Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CD 407 Iwamoto Ji Temple 37



kaeru believes birds
have their place, and stays safely
in my pocket now


willow, wisteria too
kingfisher and ayu play


in my pocket now
breathing with caution, kaeru
only smells the river


five great Buddhas of wisdom
know that frogs must hide sometime


I drop crumbs from toast
into my pocket hoping
kaeru will like jam...


and the fly caught in the sweet
frog stays out of bird, fish sight


kaeru will like jam...
with a delicate insect
for her morning meal


©JP/davh                           


Note:
kaeru = frog, return in Japanese
Also is a lucky symbol and related to travelers
kaeru is my companion guide on this journey

We are both ...female :)

3 comments:

  1. I would assume that the insect would be the most delectable part of the meal to kaeru!

    88 Temples

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite a storyteller! My favorite line is 'kaeru smells only the river.' Enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you feed your toad of imaginary gardens..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.