A haibun: Comfort Zones? (#2)
I shouldn't read them but every once in a while
the scope of my eyes catches the general phraseology
and like a cat’s claw I get snagged
and then attempt application
leaves take them
their greens only one hue
truth lays in midst
entertainment that’s all they are horror
in a few sentences enough to waggle doubts
and misgivings and a hyenas grating laughter
star-speak, skunk-streak
bark, heavy skin or
the sound of mean dogs
arguments heard by shouting
I suppose I should count them, my lucky stars
the ones in my orbit those close at hand
and worry less about those who chose to go
so very far away...
maple nosegays, seeds
wind swept, from the arms
that attempt reaching
while some choices seem like they are in our control
others are perhaps not so...working with what we have,
sometimes the only choice left at the bottom of the pile, is to wait;
maybe the lost treasure can be found
still no words exchanged
more time passes, elapses
easing the distance
the top of the tree, reaches,
reaches breathing hope of growth
©JP/davh
I've never tried my hand at haibun. For me your was a great reading pleasure!
ReplyDeleteMagic here..magic of words.. I am lost.. may someone find me...
ReplyDeletehttp://rameshsood.blogspot.in/2014/05/my-moms-pats-of-love-haiku.html
RS