Sunday, May 11, 2014

CD 465 : sacrifice


spent years

being a parent:
a profession filled with awe -
learning together

adult and child, finding
what worked for our family

some skills we did borrow,
others creatively birthed
worked only for us

birdseed, my reward; really
just what I wanted - no card

no flowers, for this
Mother’s day - gifted with love
by every bird visit

passing on wisdom
seeing the seeds root and grow
what more could I ask?

©JP/davh

2 comments:

  1. I like this. A different way of looking at Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. need no more, ask no more
    Marlyn @kintal ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.