Saturday, May 10, 2014

CD : 464: inspiration

The Mead of Poets

Reverend Thanks

Alice took a drink
the label said to do
her body did shrink

yet her story, it grew so
from a fanciful boat ride

to entertainments
and logic puzzles en mass
will you also sup?

©JP/davh

Perhaps a different kind of brew, ‘imagination from underground’
from one of my favored characters.


7 comments:

  1. I think that those adventures coming out of a bottle is a little scare for young girls to get involved in.. chasing white rabbits ... but imagination is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairy tales, I think were meant to be just a tad scary. Life lessons and all that. Still thought I think I read once that most nursery rhymes were political satire.
      Ring Around the Rosie was about the 'Black Plague'.

      Delete
  2. A nicely done take on the theme.. I am still trying to understand the spirit behind Carpe Diem.. Yet present my humble attempt here..

    http://rameshsood.blogspot.in/2014/05/words-jump-out-of-mead.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this response on inspiration Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just go with what comes to mind...
      first impressions, first inspirations :)

      Delete
  4. fairy tales are something where one can do whatever they like. And your one, itself is a piece of inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How it provoked the minds of young readers. The sacrifice of an adventure underground that sustained itself. Great one Jules!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.