Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CD : 479 greed :brief escape?


brief escape?

loss of memory
she forgot to telephone
her girls - family

greedy for companionship
she visits her cousins, now

but will probably
when she returns home - forget
that she went away

©JP/davh

(Note: The tragedy of losing short term
memory and living in a retirement
community away from one's children.
Wanting so much to be with any family -
she forgot to tell us - her children, that
she was going. Now we know.)

2 comments:

  1. Much sadness contained in your lines. My grandmother was like this. My brother-in-law's mother is in the final stages of Alzheimer's. So sad for all...

    Greed in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunate situation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.