Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WWP 144: A renga...conversation

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/prompt-144-its-post-your-poems-day/


A renga...conversation

are they mine can I

the ramblings that are scrawled across a page
say I own them much less that
captured thoughts acting like little flashes of lightning
I have borrowed them?
~~~
do I have one muse or am
crayon, pencil, pen, printed or either ink flowing from my fingers
I the script of many voices?
~~~
how can I choose one
the second definition of *poet takes seventeen words
word to define me, other
+haiku is only one style I employ to get my ‘points’ across
than one word; poet?

(c) JP/davh




*a person who has the gift of poetic thought, imagination, and creation, together with eloquence of expression.

+Some American Japanese style haiku still use the system of counting seventeen syllables to pen a thought.

5 comments:

  1. Jules you're a renga. I only wish I were as eloquent with my expression. thanks for visiting and all of your support. I truly appreciate that, and each time I visit you I learn something. That's the best part of blogging. though I haven't had much on-line time lately, I love the community. I hope you have a beautiful week Jules. (we just got a foot of snow last night! it's beautiful). and now I go shovel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a good exploration of creativity, originality and how we write... particularly liked "do I have one muse or am I the script of many voices?" I do like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Neil (Feb 28):
    I like this (is it disjointed?) conversational poem (meant nicely I mean). Thoughtful. A small bright silver thread. And yea, we surely do talk to ourselves, or we’re at least rehearsing a lot. I’m glad poets talk. Glad you also write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed. I read each side separately and then together, and either way, it's an intriguing way to read -- or write -- a poem. It reminds me a little of the cleave form or the triptych poem.

    There are many schools of thought regarding calling one's self a poet. I say, "if shoe fits, wear it."

    -Nicole

    http://ravenswingpoetry.com/2013/02/26/the-difference-between-ravens-and-crows/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting approach. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.