Sunday, February 24, 2013

SW 97: Winged Messenger

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/wordle-97/
discipline, pieces, stealing, heroic, moment, fly,
prophets, limits, gazing, patience, tears, sublime

Winged Messenger

gazing prophets with discipline
shed heroic tears as they
salt the sublime puzzle pieces
with patience - they are held
trapped, and rapt in their silence of
repeated rote prayers humbled in
knowing that one of their number
will be infected before the dawn’s rising,
then in the briefest of blind moments
the death of night comes stealing -
a message of limits dictated by the gods
delivered by the bite of a single fly...

(c) JP/davh

12 comments:

  1. I once spent a week in hospital after 'the bite of a single fly'... That was a real 'message of limits'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool... the death of night comes stealing... I like it, and the image of the prophets.... and a deadly fly... hope it doesn't get them all!
    great the way the words conjure up stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God and the gods use strange messengers at times, so why not a fly? I mean, better a fly than an alligator or some other ravenous beast!

    Whirling Glimpses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Watch out for the single fly! Conjured up indeed = Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another excellent wordle! I also like the death of night comes stealing and salting sublime puzzle pieces with patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely whirled Jules. I love the alliterations. A real pleasure to read aloud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really shouldn't read these before I write my version - I tend to get a little intimidated :-(

    You have such a creative way with words. This is wonderful Jules... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One on this night but no reason why the number cannot be more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch! drat that messenger! I don't like his message at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.