http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/wordle-96/
under, naked, scurries, birth’s, imaginary, hiding,
door, faces, root, candlelight, lack, held
An Elfje Quad Wave:
imaginary
candlelight hiding
under the door
birth’s naked fears - lacking
substance
wanting
to root in reality...
scurries one’s courage
as neon
flashes
reflecting
blinking shades
of brilliant reds
upon closed eyelids -
vacant
expressionless
sleeping faces of children
shuffled like pawns
held in
check
(c) JP/davh
Perhaps a tad dark? Illusions to the original purpose of fairy tales...to scare children into
submission - not the animated tales of Pixar or Disney where everything ends happily. After reading it to myself I think it could also fit into the modern day current news of ‘trafficking’ children. Egads this explanation probably has more words than the verse!
Sunday, February 17, 2013
11 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You say it how it is...
ReplyDeleteI really like the opening stanza:
ReplyDeleteimaginary
candlelight hiding
under the door
birth’s naked fears - lacking
substance
very nice
Randy
As you say, dark. But still vivid and dramatic.
ReplyDeleteHi - This is nice, but actually I am still searching for your story poem. Did you do one this week? Mr. Linky is becoming a bit dificult this week!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a bit dark, but life is never all sunshine and the dark makes what is in the light stand out and be defined. Your use of the words makes for a very vivid and imaginative piece.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Yes, a bit dark, but very vivid as well.
ReplyDeleteI think they were called cautionary tales for children. Often nursery rhymes had an historical source...hardening children for the real world I suppose. Children then were plentiful, expendable and unproductive until they were about 5! Let's not get into the food they were expected to survive on.
ReplyDeleteLike that you went for the dark in fairy tales. The last stanza stands out for me.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the darker view, and the original telling of the fairy tails. Nice!
ReplyDeleteI thought of trafficking, too. There was a documentary on msnbc last night. Strong write, and as Misky says, vivid. Well penned, Jules. Thanks for your tolerance of my Linky inadequacy. I swear they change things (or is that just what the voices in my head said?).
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others, Jules, this is quite vivid. I also see the connection between human trafficking. Well done.
ReplyDeletePamela