http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/wordle-95/
courting, rare, openings, bathe, plume, coral,
ball, terms, bottle, incident, thread, dry
‘Current’
rare coral on the royal reef
the thread of life dispensed by a plume
from openings to bathe each other
and thread a new generation of life
by courting the moon on her terms...
an incident once witnessed
unlikely to be forgotten - and yet
bouncing gently like a ball - the message
in the corked bottle stays dry.
“My love for you is boundless like the stars
reflected on the calm ocean waters - I can be
saved by the magic pearl...the one seed grain
that your memory holds dear - throughout the
the layered years...fondly, remember me...”
When she wrote the words, after dining with the
captain that had her abducted - she never expected
them to be found, though she knew they would be
forever engraved upon her true lover’s heart....
(c) JP/davh
Sunday, February 10, 2013
11 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah - lovely and a mysterious spin of an ending!
ReplyDeleteYou strung the words together really well!
ReplyDeleteThis would make a great short story, Jules
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, Jules. The message is like a Valentine.
ReplyDeleteThat is the perfect word to describe this message: valentine.
DeleteAnother Whirl with Yeats
Stolen love in its most lyrical form.
ReplyDeleteThe magic pearl, the one seed grain. That is romantic. I like the image of the water surface, with great depths below and great heights above and that is where the message bobs. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI like thread a new generation of life and the layered years. Also the twist at the end.
ReplyDeleteNice and mysterious all at the same time, Jules.
ReplyDeletePamela
Yes!!
ReplyDeletelove and romance, beautiful words!!
ReplyDelete