http://heartstonefeathers.com/2013/01/17/a-flight-feather-of-a-different-kind/
Four Reflections
At two in the eastern sky half of a
Waning Wolf Moon looks like a tilted bowl
Somewhere on that silver surface is
A Peregrine Falcon feather
Left there in 1971 by the astronauts of Apollo 15
I hadn’t met you yet...my love
Thoughts were far from dating days
Married ways, children grown
Enough to have their own
And a suburban home on the cities edge
At two in the eastern sky half of a
Waning Wolf Moon - I would like to think
Somewhere shines upon sleeping
Pairs of Peregrine Falcons that
Grace the clear skies here and now...
On good clear days in all seasons -
I have collected a few feathers
That have fallen from the skies and
Wonder if any could be from one of
My majestic feathered falcons...
(and an Elfje)
plumage
of one
Peregrine Falcon
lies silently on the
moon
Friday, February 1, 2013
3 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this - especially the Elfje. I also want to let you know that I have nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Visit my post at http://bythewobblydumdumtree.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/beautiful-bloger-award for full details.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed every single word of reflection... i felt like i have gone in the past and memories came back .... Even though i am still young and childhood memories came back to me and i felt so much happiness.. Thank you for writing this.. Love
ReplyDeleteSabi
I love the image of the falcons. I traveled with them throughout your poem. :-)
ReplyDelete