Sunday, February 3, 2013

SW94 Judgement

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/wordle-94/

miserable, fuss, wish, go, again, interest
bust, figure, prove, straight, enough, sweet

Judgement
Only you can wish to be miserable and fuss
what is your true interest, what do you want to prove?

The lass seems sweet enough, yet again you go
trying to bust her figure and send her straight to hell!

Is it just because you lack your own faith that you
must convict another who you think threatens you?

And yet the argument fell silent upon deaf ears, as
the innocent child was tied to the stake and burned.

The angered Angel took her gentle soul straight through
St. Peter’s Gate - and adorned her with wings and halo.

(c) JP/davh

Thanks Brenda...I really like The Mentalist, and I think it was your
cackling laughter in your Early Words e-mail that led to this ‘redemption’ piece :)

11 comments:

  1. Ooh... powerful & thought-provoking, Jules... especially:

    Is it just because you lack your own faith that you
    must convict another who you think threatens you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opening lines grab the attention. Your poem makes me think of Joan of Arc, her story and the song by Leanard Cohen. I believe that most rage and anger find their basis in fear,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/rewritten-blues/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last verse is beautiful and lingering..I hope that awaits all who need comfort..St Peter will know all the names..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, we un-angels are only too ready to condemn, to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ending is comforting - I also thought of Joan of Arc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jules, this is thought provoking and beautiful. The kind of thing that makes my skin tingle because I know I've just read an undisputed truth... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree with viv
    and i catch myself judging about all sorts of things
    not faith based but no different it is a bad habit
    best wishes
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules, this is really good. I was also thinking about the Salem witches, but I went to a Candlemas and my mind went else where. No, thanks on the snow, but thanks for thinking of me. :)

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even faiths based on love are interpreted to justify the opposite. I am not sure whether the ending is comforting as that child had potential which may have been wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Provocative piece...enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An Inquisition, it seems, with divine absolution in the end!

    Whirling with W.B. Yeats

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.