Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WWP 130: Part and Parcel

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/prompt-140-its-post-your-poems-day/
The Eye of the Beholder
A Trio Elfje Wave between two Elfje;
A Different Elfje Quint:

Part and Parcel
There
is beauty
in natural silence
away from the maddening
crowd
~~~
Circus
showing at
Madison Square Garden
stuffed into nosebleed seats
ROAR!

Massive
crowds, sharing the same
air - unable to
see three
rings

Ants;
we all
marched together and
clapped when the acts
finished
~~~
Under
my willow
beside the creek
fresh air, insect buzz -
peace

(c) JP/davh

5 comments:

  1. "away from the maddening crowd" indeed,,,I enjoyed this very much,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents had season tickets for the Green Bay Packer games. I went to a few games when I was much younger, and was definitely pleased to be released from the stadium. Like you, I find peace and contentment in Nature. This works well, Jules,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/

    PS - Those tickets are now passed around to our children and grandchildren, so the tradition continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this collection of cameos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful as always. I especially like the last one. (PS You're on the list now so I won't forget you again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the way you build up the feeling of being hemmed in / claustrophobia and then the relief of the peace of creek at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.