Thursday, January 3, 2013

WWP 137: The Artful Dodger?

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/prompt-137-peas-in-a-pod/

The Artful Dodger?

displayed in lobbies
along the walls,
different lines of sight
sometimes behind glass
matted and framed
hung by wires unseen
fashioned by another’s inner eye
insight behind framed glasses
the minds’ eye wired to display
by artful cunning brush strokes
or tweaked by photoplay -
in lobbies the visitors file in -
in their individual fashions
and then meet to espouse
opinions...

© JP/davh
glass, frames, wires, sight, vision, fashion, display - the peas in my pod.
Playing with the duality of meanings for each word.  One definition of ‘dodger’ is a throw away handbill,  which could have been the ad to see a particular display or an ad for new eye wear.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done .... I never thought the art can be described in poem .

    Well done so far the best one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked in vain for the cutlery, the fixed span of time, the affectionate gesture, and found instead surreal fun! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your Artful Dodger, Jules. There is beauty all around us, someone is always busily creating. Aren't we lucky to have been born with eyes and ears to take it all in?

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.