http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/prompt-139-A Moment Unexpected
Do You Read Me?
You think
that the words
you have carefully crafted
sometimes bold
other times opaque
could only be interpreted
how you meant them
And yet
there you are
shaken to your core
when out of the blue
you are confronted
left holding the bag
of unexpected
accusations
And the commotion -
the reverberation
after the simple explanation
is left unanswered
‘dead air’ manifest in your trembling hands
and your poetic soul is shaken
But the ink does not dry up
just the tears
and you... ...move... ...on...
Roger, that.
(c) JP/davh
Process notes: took the whole week to think about this one. For better or worse - here it is.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
8 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, Jules. This is a poem that pays to reread. The emotion, tightly held now, is no less felt.
ReplyDeleteSo sadly right - but perhaps more so for those of us who choose to 'speak' our truth. But I would not have it any other way.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written and yet so sad by its truth.
ReplyDeleteYeah, there is definitely that risk...we can easily be misread because only we know exactly our meaning and it is for certain a risk we take. I'm glad you wrote this, Jules...this side needs to be heard. Your font size changes work exceptionally well, too, by the way.
ReplyDeleteWarm smiles to you!
I try to always remain very plain-spoken so as not to be misunderstood or mis"interpreted", but I hope I'm never so hubristic that I believe my "meaning" is unambiguous.
ReplyDeleteWell done.
I enjoyed how you presented this poet's dilemma. Ultimately our poetry stands on it's own - with no apology! It seems to me that as the poet, you can benefit from comments that show misunderstanding ... you can revise for clarity or let it be because the words are true to your own soul. I found you via small stones and am glad I did! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, and emotional. Thank you for sharing this one. :-)
ReplyDeleteAnother amazing post.... I think tears don't dry either ... it gets tired and fed up & life moves on.... beautifully written
ReplyDelete