Tuesday, January 15, 2013

United We Stand

United We Stand
It is difficult for any of us to understand where we stand
We would like to think we are important because we exist
as children, parents, partners, friends, employees or volunteers.

Some of us get labeled early on as trouble makers, rebels, free
thinkers, fast, slow, gentle, kind, loud or quiet. But we can change
after we evolve, grow, learn, take action, motivate and move.

There are times when a person gets to be a living angel.
But they just don’t understand why, because they are only
doing what they need and want to do to allow love light to shine.

When someone struggles back from an unplanned set back -
from an accident that put them in a very dark place - then with grace
they expand, expound, explode expected limitations - we smile.

We want to join the ride with them, knowing the trill of each new
turn, feeling the wind in our hair as they climb that seemingly
insurmountable mountain to plant the flag of success.

That is how inspiration works, sometimes. One candle flame gets
passed to light another candle and before you know it the room
is as bright as the sun on a summers day - that is the miracle.

(c) JP/davh

inspired by K.S.

5 comments:

  1. This is really lovely and thought provoking. The last stanza explains it all so well. I can relate and I'm sure many others too,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely and thought provoking. The last stanza explains it all so well. I can relate and I'm sure many others too,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, every letter i was reading .. i kind of felt it that life journey is simple and complicated too.. Sometimes you have long way to achieve something and when you achieve it .. you get so much happiness..

    Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting more philosophical by the day, Jules, but I like your philosophies. Love the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed the miracle shines best when we support each other... :-)
    I've been writing my small stones on my blogspot blog.
    http://positivekismet.blogspot.com/2013/01/musings-trust.html
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.