Sunday, January 13, 2013

SW91 A Concrete Poem

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/wordle91/

burden, bends, drunk, poetry, virtue, palace,
ditch, diminishing, wish, breaks, room, steps



SW 91: A Concrete Poem:





\\there is no burden, around the bends,//
\as the diminishing path leads to or/
from a palace or ditch...the steps
\we take make room for our/
\\wish to write poetry.//
life and duty are
minimal
breaks
taken
after we
have drunk the
\virtue of blank paper with the ink of our being/

(c) JP/davh

9 comments:

  1. Um, wow. Just that, wow. You may send me the link, young woman, so I have this safely archived in gmail. Those last two lines... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ending, Jules. The form is tight and holds the content well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jules, every last jot and tittle. This is wonderful!

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/once-again/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love concrete poems! they are so much fun to write, even with first graders doing it. (former teacher here)
    as I read, I wondered...when will the drink occur? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules, loved the form and the wordplay. Using the blank paper and ink at the ending was lovely. Wonderful. Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/01/14/the-royal-pain/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing the others, Jules. This is really nicely done with the visuals.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a fascinating poem in both form and structure! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.