high price of paradise
series for CD 614 11.29
too early the cock
on Maui crowed - long day
there, that paradise
the stars told different stories
petroglyphs hid in damp caves
the price of food brought
in from the mainland and sold
to tourists was high
natives held their own, barely
as commercialism held sway
there, that paradise
long day, on crowded Maui
Eden for a few
©JP/dh
Note:
We went to Maui for a week for our 25th
wedding anniversary over ten years ago.
I still find inspiration from that visit.
Where we were, cocks and chickens
roamed the streets freely, we did wonder
on our own a bit, but as with any tourist
destination - commercialism has a deep
grasp as history takes a backseat.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.