Monday, September 22, 2014

haiku series: "Fore" You dear, anything...(mostly)

Sam was moved by this six word story that is used for this prompt:
“Jumped. Then I changed my mind.”

haiku series:
“Fore” You dear, anything...(mostly)

jumped; was my
first instinct, curl and run far
anything but that...

then I took deep stock
of my unreasonable
fear and went forward

I had promised to
bat at that little white ball
with sticks in a bag

changed attitude and
minor adjustments in
poise, and position

my advancement
was slow, sweat trickling from
my brow in day’s heat

mind over matter won
though I never did make par
once, playing at golf  

©JP/davh

Note: I turned this into a mini wordle using each word
to start a verse of this haiku series.
Hubby’s golfing buddy was out of town.
I did promise to play with him. We played nine holes -
the shorter course. I take at least 3 or 5 shots for
every one of his. Just spending time with him...

was priceless. :)                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.