Wednesday, September 10, 2014

CD : 558 dragonflies


oddly...


oddly enough I
see dragonflies in parking
lots at dawn and dusk


looking for water, I think
to lay their eggs - after rains


©JP/davh


Note: I used to have to get up very early to work in retail -
And often in the large empty store lots I would see some.
Though I have seen them during the day too... away from
parks. But then we (in general) keep taking all the green spaces...




P.S. Be careful looking for Dragonflies my computer
detected a virus (which it apparently removed) attached to
dragonflywebsite.com/
it contains a virus ‘HTML/Framer




4 comments:

  1. Dragonflies are just so glorious... a dream of wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Sorry about the virus!
    But -- thanks for the link that was on CDHK -- was intrigued by some of the info which led to some more research and a lot of great info.
    Oddly enough, I've seen dragonflies zipping across parking lots too. Perhaps the shimmering heat reminds them of water? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I ever saw a dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ... and interesting too ... I rarely see drangonflies in the main part of town ... except yesterday morning when I got buzzed by one as I was crossing the street. Thanks for the virus warning too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.