9.25 plaited prompts: ...the emperor ate...
(Perhaps if the emperor had eaten more apples?)
‘I Speak Not, I Trace Not, I Breathe Not Thy Name’ by Lord Byron
(I’ve taking an indirect route and slightly longer than an American tanka)
a memento mori poem with these words:
trance, track, skin, emperor, popcorn, bacon
And just because it Too, Too - fits... Q 25 T 10
*
a tale retold in memento mori:
...the emperor ate...
bacon was the fat
the emperor ate, popcorn
with too much butter
in a trance with his mirror;
not looking at skin sagging
lost track of his life;
sly tailors’ embarrassment -
naked to his own death
coffin closed; who was the first;
and the last mourner? the child
clear lesson here;
moderation is the key -
serve it up daily
©JP/davh
hmm ... the first and last mourner - the child. Interesting renga .. didn't understand where you were going ... but I'll follow to find out ;-)
ReplyDelete