Lotus
On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying,
and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded.
Only now and again a sadness fell upon me, and I started up from my dream and felt a sweet trace of a strange fragrance in the south wind.
That vague sweetness made my heart ache with longing and it seemed to me that is was the eager breath of the summer seeking for its completion.
I knew not then that it was so near, that it was mine, and that this perfect sweetness had blossomed in the depth of my own heart.
Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)
a haibun:
lost and found
For decoration in both natural and
dyed are dried lotus on their stems.
Some painted silver and gold, perhaps
for a home more elegant than mine?
Dust collectors in stale air to draw
one's eye to the corner of the room...
Those limits have to be defined or do they?
seed pods rattle there
unlike drifting thoughts at play
behind my minds eye
©JP/davh
A wonderful haibun and that haiku completing it is for sure one of your best.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I also participate in other haibun challenges. Some are fictional continuing stories. :)
Deletegood write; have a nice weekend
ReplyDeletemuch love...
Oh I love your haibun.. and I learned something about lotuses.
ReplyDelete