waiting for summer...
middle of June; the solstice
it’s spring until then
at least for me, the climate
is slow to change, four seasons
about three months each -
sometimes more or less, taking
each as they arrive
©JP/davh
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Season by season life goes on...
ReplyDeleteGhosts of Passing Spring
Ah.. yes .. we call solstice midsummer though... May was supposed to be summer.. if you read Shakespeare's sonnet number 18.. May is summer.
ReplyDeleteShall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
Ah...that is one way to look at it. Some cultures have five or six seasons.
DeleteSome count every time they make a pilgrimage or a trek across the desert a season... Guess I'm programmed or thinking of the calendar differently. But then there also used to only be ten months before Julius and Augustus decided to name months after themselves, September was the 7th month, October the 8th, November the 9th and December the 10th months respectfully. So if you took out July and August... then May might just be summer's beginning and Solstice midsummer. ;)
Thanks.