Spaced Aged Spaced Out
piquing my interest I lean in to overhear a snippet of
conversation just because the speaker is so seriously
sad, as if his favorite toy was broken beyond repair
and mother tossed it out with the trash
(she never did like it anyway
saying I’d go blind - I wonder how I manage to exist...
much less cut those hideous apron strings)
At least that’s what I think he is thinking...
But now he is free, but is he on a working vacation?
tied as he is to his electronics -
ignoring the live faces he passes
*
(she who sacrificed what - perhaps everything.
Maybe not enough, because he thinks he is a gift
to any and everything that is the opposite of what he is)
That’s what first impressions get you - what do I think -
young man, The Fool on the Hill is smarter than you
After all he sees more than you do and he didn’t even
have to read the instructions on the label...
(You know the ones written between the lines that
require common sense, which is something I truly
believe she tried to teach you...but you weren’t listening)
©JP/davh
I finally got a chance to play with this prompt. I think at least one person will recognize the piece of the piece I ‘pecked’ it from... one of my own very recent pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.