Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Abstruseness : For Tuesday Tryouts : Tis still a mystery


Abstruseness
A few things came to mind while thinking about mystery...one
could get quite serious about contemplating the whys and wherefores
of ‘Why bad things happen to good people’ (thanks Harold Kushner)
or wonder why ‘Pigpen’ of Charlie Brown fame who was a dirt
and dust magnet (thank you Mr. Charles Schultz).

There is yet another mystery to consider - the news.
which generally resorts to opinions rather than facts -
distortions of proportions in the act of reporting.

Then there is that ‘Ah-ha’ moment of a mother who realized
that yelling and screaming at her children for the things in her life
that she could not control, was really within her control after all.

Which brings me around to marriage and why some last and why others
seem to strain, derail. We wonder why they ever happened. Like that
song way back...”All that’s left is a band of gold” sung by Freda Payne
Why would you marry a person and not even sleep with them
on your wedding night. That question was never answered...

OK that leads to the wonderment of unintelligible song lyrics -
Why is opera so popular, and why is one of the best places for
country music called ‘The Grand Ole Opry’  - Really?

Some answers have science behind them - I was going to put in a
rather unflattering example, so I think I’ll try a different one...like why we
all see the same rainbow differently - it’s angles, not smoke and mirrors.

Why did I have a feeling that something that I ordered online - would
be at the post office today, when they said it could take up to three
weeks -It’s only been three days - and why did I choose to walk the
three mile round trip - nope I do not have the answers. But that’s what
mystery is: anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained...

©JP/davh  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.